PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMPETITION HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19.
Entries are still being accepted and all entrants will be notified of the new date when announced. The deadline for entry has been extended to Sunday 29th March 2020 (or later pending HSE guidelines).
The WEST CORK WHISKEY LEGEND Cocktail Competition is organised by the Bartenders Association of Ireland in conjunction with West Cork Distillers, Skibbereen, Co. Cork.
The Competition is OPEN to all bartenders working in the Republic of Ireland - Entry form below.
The aim of the competition is to tell the “West Cork Distillery” story through your creativity in making a drink that can be easily reproduced worldwide.
Bartenders are expected to create an original cocktail recipe with any West Cork Whiskey brand (www.westcorkdistillers.com) inspired by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upX6P_WV6bc
Three Cork friends who started with nothing to build a dream of making Irish whiskey in their home county of Cork , suggested themes: Friendship, independence, ambition, hard work, local, against the odds, instinct/dreams, etc., etc.
Submit your recipe on the official entry form below and post a good photo of your drink with a bottle of the West Cork Whiskey in the photo on your social media channels tagging West Cork Distillers and 3 bartender friends, explaining your concept.
The ten (10) best entries will be invited to compete at the final which will take place in Frisky Whiskey, Oliver Plunket Bar, Cork on a date to be decided.
Competitors to be at the venue by 6:45 pm on the day, for a briefing.
Winner will receive €1000 and a Cask of New Make West Cork Whiskey.
All finalists will receive a goody bag compliments of West Cork Distillers.
Friends, family and supporters are more than WELCOME.
Closing date for entry: Sunday 29th March 2020 - The 10 finalists will be announced soon after, pending advice from the HSE.
A few rules to follow...
- All recipes must contain a minimum of 1.5cl West Cork Whiskey. West Cork Distillers range of whiskies are available for your use, if needed, and can be found here at https://www.westcorkdistillers.com/products
- Competitors are encouraged to use local ingredients.
- A maximum of four alcohol ingredients are permitted.
- Recipes should contain no more than 7cl's (70ml max.) of alcohol in any one serving.
- Competitors should prepare four (4) portions of each recipe.
- Homemade infusions, tincture, bitters are permitted.
- Competitors are free to use any glassware or drinking vessel and must provide these themselves.
- The use of side plates, trays or pedestals are all permitted.
- Competitors will be expected to tell their story/inspiration while preparing their cocktail(s) for judging.
- Each competitor will be allocated 10mins. A round of 7-10mins per competitor is ideal.
There is no maximum number of ingredients but competitors should consider the recipe's suitability for marketing and reproduction purposes if launched on a menu.
All submissions become the property of BAI and West Cork Distillers and may be shared in other markets around the world.
CLOSING DATE is 9pm on Sunday 29thth MARCH 2020.
Submit Your ENTRY HERE>>>>